Patsy Stone on Politics

Politics. Royals. Hockey. Not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Smyth's Gone... Messier Jersey Retired...

It has not been a good few hours, dear reader. The last time Patsy cried this much was when the liquor store across the street ran out of Bolly....

Today was a pretty good day, but it went downhill fast when MWR uttered those awful six little words: "did you hear about Ryan Smyth?"

When my pal Haley mentioned that she'd heard a rumour about the Oilers possibly trading Ryan Smyth a few days ago, I dismissed it out of hand. The Oilers would never trade Smytty, the heart and soul of the Oilers for more than a decade. They just wouldn't. Well they did. And I cried. And cried some more.

And on the day that Mark Messier's jersey was raised too. Mess will always be my favourite player of all time, but Ryan's a close second. I would have been emotional just watching them raise that Number 11 jersey tonight, but considering the trade news, there were a whole hell of a lot more tears. This sucks.

FYI - for a good Oilers blog, check out: http://coveredinoil.blogspot.com

I think this calls for a Long Island Iced Tea...and considering that Ryan's headed for Long Island, I guess that's a pretty good choice. Oh the irony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home