Patsy Stone on Politics

Politics. Royals. Hockey. Not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Patsy's Saturday Musings

Hellooooo dear friends,

What a beautiful Saturday here in Calgary. I got up this morning, got a haircut, did some window shopping, picked up October's Vogue and Elle, grabbed a bite to eat, and stopped off at Starbucks on my way home to relax. Ah, the life.

A few thoughts...

I had the pleasure of attending the Elton John concert last night at the Saddledome. I LOVE Elton John and have since his married-to-a-woman days. He's got 30 amazing years of material to cover, and played all the classics: Bennie and the Jets, Rocket Man, Saturday Night's Alright for Fightin', etc. and didn't disappoint the crowd. You should have heard the cheers when he struck up Crocodile Rock on the piano. Worth every penny. Extra special bonus was the entertainment involved in seeing mid-50 year olds dancing the groove thang in the aisles. As Mastercard says; priceless.

Second, backed by popular demand, my thoughts on Tielinda-gate. (Loosely sung to the tune of Nelly Furtado's "Maneater". Ha ha.) I haven't been Ms. Stronach's biggest fan in the past (see previous posts), and that's unlikely to change, but I also doubt that she was THE reason the Domi marriage failed. Takes two to tango and all that, but I'd offer that instead, she was likely the straw that broke the camel's back, etc, etc. It wasn't, after all, like Belinda was Tie's Camilla PB, or Wallis Simpson. I don't imagine these two are soulmates, savvy?

My rationale for the above is that, when push comes to shove, I just don't think that Tie is quite in Belinda's league, at least not enough to make them serious contenders for coupledom. He's certainly no Bill Clinton, if you know what I mean. What I do think about Belinda, though, is that she brings this stuff on herself. When you live in the public eye, like she does, maybe it's not such a good idea to spend lots of private time with a married man, because someone (read: the media) is bound to find out. When it comes down to it, my view is that Belinda doesn't seem to think that the rules of social decency apply to her. The last thing I'll say on the matter is that, as the old saying goes, what goes around comes around. (Adulterers and the men/women who sleep with them - beware!)

And on that sunny note, I'm off to read a good book, but before I do, I want to give a shout out to my pal (and mentor) Leona Hobbs, who's presenting at a "Wired Women" convention in Toronto in October. To read about it, check out her blog: http://flackadelic.typepad.com/

That's all folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home