Patsy Stone on Politics

Politics. Royals. Hockey. Not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Wanted: One Pair of Charles and Diana Spitting Image Puppet Slippers


... just like these. Although normally Patsy wouldn't clothe her feet in anything less than a Manolo or Louboutin, the kitschy side of moi cries out "yes, yes, yes".

Thanks to YouTube for entertaining me this evening with 20 year old sketch clips featuring my beloved royals (and Maggie!) on Spitting Image. No one does comedy like the Brits.

My particular favourite was a sketch involving the Windsors trying to figure out what to name the new baby (either William or Harry) and the Queen Mum suggests either Gilbey (as in Gilbey's Gin) or Johnnie Walker. Freakin' priceless!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Patsy. I own one pair of never worn Charles & Di slippers, (just like your picture).Have had several offers over years, none serious. If interested, please make offer at my email address.

    Thank you

    Andrew

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oddly enough, I also have a pair of these slippers that have never been worn. Not sure what to do with them, to be honest.

    Matt
    Chelsea, Quebec.
    Feb 20, 2011.

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger tamis3 said…

    Would love to get a pair for my mom, are any of these available?

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Patsy, I also have a pair of these slippers which I've never worn. Make me an offer anyone thought I'd put them on ebay. Rod Christina Lake BC Canada

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I also have a very good pair like those Charles & Diana slippers Please contact me if interested. Rod christina Lake BC Canada

     

Post a Comment

<< Home